Basic details Name: Texeo Mines
Description: From the village L.lano (Riosa), next to the little Virgen de las Nieves Chapel (in which there are some interesting mural pictures), it starts the path that takes us to the copper mines in Rioseco. For the fans of the industrial archeology, these mines are a unavoidable visit. The prehistoric settlers made short work for the deposit's riches around the second millenium before Christ, and in the modern age it has been worked again by the company The Aramo Cooper Mines Ltd. in 1892; later on, by the company Empresa del Sur in 1924, and finally, by the Sociedad Minero Metalúrgica Asturiana (Asturian Mining Metallurgical Society), which closed the mines in 1955. Nowadays, the Aramo mines show up in front of the traveler's eyes in the wood, in a meadow supported by the side of the mountain. It stands out the old brick chimney, accompanied by three blocks of workers flats, the former company store and the remains of the mules stables. The length of the route is about 45 minutes on foot.
- Type: Industrial
- Characteristics: Mining
- Accessibility for disabled:
- Opening dates: All year